Thursday, July 2, 2009

Crazy June

So June was a crazy month! You would think that the first month of summer would be fun and exciting. Don't get me wrong, there were days that were great, but for the most part I was ready for July to get here. June 1st my mom had brain surgery and was in the hospital for a couple of days recovering. Macie was sick with strep and pink eye. June 3rd my mom got to come home. A few days later, the battery on my car died and we had to get a new one. The next week, there was a huge storm that came through and knocked out our power for 16 HOURS!!! Luckily it wasn't too hot and all the food didn't spoil. In the midst of all this worrying, I broke out in some kind of rash on my arms and legs. I ended up going to the dermatologist and he told me it was from all the stress in the past few weeks. He gave me a prescription lotion and it cleared up in a couple of days. It's pretty strange how your body can work against you too! So, that takes you through the 18th...my sister's birthday. That day was fun! We cooked out and swam and had cake and ice cream. Friday the 19th at 5:15 I notice that water is pouring from the hot water heater closet. All plumbers are closed for the weekend by this time. We called and left a message with a local guy. He ended up coming the next day and replaced it with a much bigger heater. I sure wish I could have used that money on something else for our house besides a water heater! I guess I'll be thankful in the winter when I can take a long hot shower!!! So July....please be good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment